Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Welcome to Bitter Sweet DC

So I've been wanting to put this thing together for quite some time and just never gotten around to it. So I figured, "What better time than Restaurant Week - Winter 2008 to start it?"

Here's the deal, I'm not a food critic, I'm not a very good writer; I'm just a food snob. Many people have told me that there just aren't very good restaurants in Washington, DC and I think that, to some extent, they're wrong. Since I go out to dinner a lot and like to try some of the new and nice places in DC, I wanted to share my opinions of some of the better places in town.

I'm just a guy with no special budget to go to dinner and write about things, so I go back and forth and will write new ones when I get the chance. I am also less likely to try the REALLY expensive places and I am all about getting a good value. Also, because I'm on a small budget and I've already been to many of the places I want to write about, when I feel like writing something and I haven't been anywhere overly recently, I'm going to try to remember what the place I went to was like and write about it.

Also, I'm a very picky eater and I very rarely depart from my preferences. I will try to bring you my opinions and the opinions of the people I'm there with and hopefully give you a sense of the things I don't eat. I tend to eat fish and meat dishes. I don't eat other seafood (scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab, oysters) and I tend away from cheesy dishes and soups.

So I'm going to put my opinions in here and I'd love to see your opinions as well. Although judging by my current readership (none) and how long this intro is (long!), no one is still reading. So without further ado...

No comments: